Monday, October 15, 2012

Meal by Ordeal

      Thanksgiving for as far as I can remember has always taken place in my home.  Every year the meal goes the same way.  My mother tells my whole family that dinner will be served at 2 o'clock (how that is dinner I don't really know).  She says this but never actually accounts for the fact that she never has finished a meal at that time.  But this is not the ordeal.  My aunt always feels the need to make a big dessert for the meal even though we tell everybody that we will take care of everything.  But she insists and usually makes a pumpkin or apple pie.  Now, why am I mentioning this?  Whatever she makes is almost always very gross.  We struggle to eat it but we are afraid to not eat it because we don't want to hurt her feelings and she always forces it on us.  We even have to keep it at our house for the following days when it finally meets its final resting place in the garbage.  Do we feel bad?  Of course.  But the food makes us feel just as bad.

                                                                                                                                       

No comments: